After completing the set of required first-year courses, students at Iowa plan their own courses of study from a rich menu of mainstream, specialized, and clinical offerings. Upper-class students at the college register for classes using my UI. Course schedule information is provided at the college and course descriptions can be reviewed through the Guide to Courses or through my UI.
- The University of Iowa General Catalog
- Summer 2016 Course Offerings
- Fall 2016 Course Offerings
- Fall 2016 Class Times
- Fall 2016 Final Exam Schedule
- Spring 2017 Course Offerings
- Spring 2017 Class Times
- Spring 2017 Final Exam Schedule
- Academic Requirement Overview
- How to Earn Writing Units
- Lottery Points Needed for Past Fall Semester Classes
- Lottery Points Needed for Past Spring Semester Classes
- Prerequisite Course Requirements
- Registering for Non-Law Courses (includes form)
- Request for More Than/Less Than Full-Time Registration
- Listing of Law Courses in my UI
- Course Websites on ICON
- College of Law Bookstore
Upper-class students will register for courses during open enrollment periods through my UI, which will tell you when you are eligible to register.
Some courses require preregistration. The purpose of requesting preregistration preferences is to permit as many people as possible to take the courses they want up to the maximum enrollment figure. Limited enrollment preference sheets are included with the registration packets that are provided during open enrollment periods. Seminar enrollment sheets are a separate part of this process. Students are notified prior to the my UI enrollment period about the limited enrollment classes in which they will be allowed to enroll.
Contact the Registrar
Deb Paul is Iowa Law's Registrar. Her office is located inside the administrative suite on the second floor of Boyd Law Building, in the east wing. Ask at the front desk for Deb Paul's availability.