Reserve a Room
Some reservations may not be related to events. In the case of makeup classes, departmental meetings, or other times when you need to reserve a room, please use the Room Reservation Request form to request space.
Plan an Event at Boyd Law Building
Once you have space secured, it's a good time to think about other event details.
- Selecting a Date, Getting it on the Calendar, and Using Digital Signage. The College of Law hosts many activities throughout the year and it is our goal to schedule them in such a way that events do not "collide," thus ensuring each event's success. Care should be taken to ensure that your event doesn't occur on a religious holiday. The Equal Opportunity and Diversity department suggests the following site for a comprehensive list of holidays: http://www.interfaithcalendar.org/. The College of Law events are listed on the Cellege of Law Calendar. To add your event to the calendar, go to events.uiowa.edu, login, and add your event. Be sure to select "College of Law" for the department name. If you have a digital sign you would like to submit, please add it to the image category with your event entry.
- A/V Needs and Preparation. To prepare for your event, time should be spent thinking about your computer support and A/V needs (microphones, projectors, recording, etc.). Please make all service and equipment requests at least six weeks prior to your event. These service arrangements should be finalized no later than two weeks prior to your event.
- Accessibility. For more information on accessibility please see the University of Iowa's accessibility statement.
- Recording your event?If you are recording your event, you will need to obtain permissions from your presenters. Please have them complete this consent form.
- Parking. Parking at the College of Law is very limited. Public and metered parking is available in Lot 14 on Melrose Avenue or in the parking ramps located next to the Field House and UIHC.
- Keys? The classrooms within the Law School are locked each night. If you are planning an event to occur over the weekend or in the evening, you will need to make arrangements to have those doors unlocked. Keys can checked out to you and a key deposit will be required. Please contact Rene Schilling-Arps at 319-335-9544 to make these arrangements. Keep in mind that the Law School official hours mirror those of the Law Library. If your event occurs outside of these hours, please consult with Rene Schilling-Arps to ensure you will have access to your reserved rooms.
- Post-event clean-up. You are responsible for cleaning after your event. Any furniture that is moved must be put back in its original location at the completion of your event. All food, drinks, and other trash must be removed from the room. All posters placed throughout the Law School must be taken down.