Courses and Registrar Information
- College of Law Student Handbook
- College of Law 2023-2026 Academic Calendar
- Course Offerings
- Registration and Limited Enrollment Lotteries
- Registrar Resources - Forms to enroll for less/more than full-time, requesting non-Law course credit, historical grading and ranking information, requesting a transcript, course prerequisites, etc.
- Past Course Offerings
- Fall 2023 Course Offerings
- Fall 2023 Course Schedule - The pdf document may not be up to date as we get closer to classes starting, so always check MyUI for a live view of class times/room assignments.
- Fall 2023 Exam Schedule - Please see exam schedules and information here.
Lotteries for reserved courses will run October 16-26. Registration opens November 6.
- Spring 2024 Course Offerings
- Spring 2024 Course Schedule
- January and May Intersession 2024 Schedule
- Spring 2024 Exam Schedule - Please see exam schedules and information here.
Registration and Limited Enrollment Lotteries
Upper-class JD students register for courses during open enrollment periods through my UI, which tells students when they are eligible to register. First year and non-JD students will be assigned to courses and enrolled by the Registrar.
Some courses (typically seminars, experiential courses, required courses, and other high demand courses) do not have enough seats to accommodate all students interested in enrolling. The purpose of lotteries is to permit JD students to have priority enrollment and meet their graduation requirements within the constraints of limited enrollment courses. Students are notified prior to the myUI enrollment period about the limited enrollment classes in which they will be allowed to enroll.
- Link to myUI
- Link to University of Iowa General Catalog
- Link to University of Iowa tuition information
- Courses with Prerequisites or Recommendations
- List of Courses Offered Regularly
- Request to Register for More or Less Than Full-Time
- Requesting Credit for Non-Law Courses for JD
- Combined Degree Program Request for Non-Law Credit for JD
- Non-UI Law Program Credit Transfer Request for JD
- Historical Grade and Ranking Information
- Transcript Request
- Delegation of Authority Memo re Student Affairs Issues