The University of Iowa College of Law does not provide financial assistance to international students in the JD program. There are several resources that international students can pursue to assist with the cost of their program. More information about these resources can be found below. 

Research Assistants

Second and third year JD students may work as Research Assistants. In addition to receiving a modest monthly stipend, Research Assistants also receive the benefit of being charged tuition at the resident tuition rate. 

More information on Research Assistant opportunities can be found here

Office of International Students and Scholars

The University of Iowa Office of International Students and Scholars provides support to international students attending the university. They offer several resources to assist international students who are looking for additional funding. 

Please see their page for more information. 

Loan Opportunities

Potential loan providers for international students can be found through these websites:

Have questions about taking out loans? Answers and helpful suggestions for responsible loan borrowing can be found here

Other Funding Options

As you plan for your legal education, you may want to contact the Cultural Affairs Office at the nearest U.S. Embassy, your own government, or organizations in your country for information about sources of funding.