The University of Iowa has adopted a blended approach to instruction this fall, which combines both in-person and online instruction. The university is committed to the safety and well-being of its students, faculty, and staff and will implement recommended best practices for limiting exposure to the COVID-19 virus in a campus setting.
University Wide Information
- The University of Iowa Coronavirus COVID-19 Site contains updates for students, faculty, and staff.
- Campus Updates Archive contains an archive of campus-wide messages related to COVID-19.
- Health Information, including details on campus expectations, what to do if you feel sick, and self-reporting information for employees.
Law Specific Information
Boyd Law Building:
Beginning August 16, the building will be open by keycard access to students, faculty, and staff. Face coverings and social distancing will be required. A Return to Campus training must be completed before entering the building.
- UI ID Card Info
- Protective Equipment (PE) will be available for pick-up at BLB from August 17 to 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you need to arrange a pick-up at an alternate time, contact Rene Arps.
- Wear applicable face coverings (cloth covering, disposable or cloth mask, face shield) in all university buildings, including classrooms, unless alone in a private office.
Appointments are required for visitors and visitors must be met by their host before entering the building. To inquire about setting up an appointment, please contact the following departments:
- Admissions- 319-335-9095
- Law Library- 319-335-9002
- Legal Clinic- 319-335-9023
- Alumni Relations- 319-335-9158
- Other- 319-335-9034
As of Aug. 1, all essential in-person events (indoors or outdoors, on or off campus) will be limited to 50 in-person attendees and must follow public health and university guidance regarding protective equipment and social distancing or be offered through a virtual format.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For library purposes, a week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday:7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m
@ Iowa Law Communications
For Fall 2020, @ Iowa Law messages will go on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. Mid-day on Wednesdays, Career Services sends their newsletter. To submit content for @ Iowa Law, please use this form. To review past messages, visit our @ Iowa Law e-mail archive.
Other ways to promote your programs and share community news
- Digital Signage. The signs are still running. You can also view them online at: https://signage.uiowa.edu/law/college-law. To submit a sign, complete this form.
- Calendar entries. If you are planning a fall event, please tell us about it at: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esrQYm6yZja7amN. Getting your programs and events on the calendar is the best way to avoid conflicts.You can view our events calendar at: https://law.uiowa.edu/events.